The title of this weeks post is
Throw & Go by Eli Young Band... The title is pretty fitting for what Im about to talk about... OUR FIRST PLAY-OFF GAME!!!! (which we won) It was a quite exciting game if I do say so myself... We started off pretty rocky.. but eventually figured out what to do.. :) At one point in the evening when I was up to bat, the ball was pitched pretty high above my head... and Jacob Hurst yelled out "Way to be short Miranda!" For the first time EvEr it paid off to be short. Because if I was taller it would have been a strike.. Yay Me!! ha ha We've had roughly the same batting order each time... Joe Roundtree is always our cleanup hitter, Im right after Joe and Mitchell Walser is right after me.. Joe made it around like he usually does.. I went up to bat, made it to first.. Then Mitch came up to bat, usually he gets me out at 2nd. Yes, I said HE... because he always hits it right past 2nd.. and I cant run THAT fast.. lol.. But this time was different.. He actually hit it way better than usual... But me not realizing this I stopped at 2nd as he was right behind me trying to get on 2nd.. So, I ran to 3rd.. and actually made it! apparently the ball was out of play or something like that.. Im not really sure what happened... but they let me walk home since I was already rounding to 3rd by the time they called the play. Mitchell had to stay at 2nd, but I had faith he would be brought home.. and at the next boy batter he was.. Jacob Hurst walked up to the plate and slammed a homer!!! YAY!!! In the very last inning of the game.. very last batter for the other team.. they subbed in a girl who hadnt played at all that game because she showed up late. They said shes played with them all season and was supposed to be one of their better girls.. They had a man on 2nd and 3rd. And 2 outs. They needed one run to tie, two to win... The girl hit a pretty good one... only it was a line drive to our amazing 1st baseman James Berry... Their amazing hitter lost them the game.. Im not complaining.. ha ha.. Our next game is scheduled for Sunday the 19th. Obviously since our ENTIRE team (minus one person) is LDS. We wont be playing on that day. So, we're switching our day if at all possible. The intramural department did it for the flag football team so theyre more than willing to do it with us. :) Im way excited!! I'll keep you all posted on how we do! :)
James Berry, Me, Laura Strauss, David Ayres, Mitchell Walser... Pretty sure Im the shortest person by about 7 inches and more in this group of people!
Me!!!

David Ayres... hes making it look like hes about to steal 3rd.. but stealing bases is illegal in intramurals. :)
This is probably my favorite picture out of the bunch.. Joe Roundtree...
And here's our team being good sports and shaking hands.. :) Its easy to be a good sport when you won!
No comments:
Post a Comment